- How can I transfer contacts from my Windows Phone?
- How to export contacts from a Windows Phone?
- Moving Contacts From a Windows Phone To An iPhone, Android, Or Other Smartphone?
- Exporting your contacts from a Windows phone?
- How to Import Your Outlook Contacts into Your Windows Phone Address Book?
- Copying contacts from SIM card to your phone - Lumia 640 XL - Microsoft - Global?
- Can't copy contact details from SIM to Nokia Lumia 820?
- Transferring photos, videos, and music between your phone and PC - Lumia 520 - Microsoft - Global?
If you have a Windows Phone, you can import your contacts from a computer or another phone.
- On your Windows Phone, open the People app.
- Tap the Menu button (three lines in a row on the bottom of the screen), and then tap Import Contacts.
- If you have photos associated with your contacts, they will be displayed in the Import Photos section of the window. Otherwise, only contact data will be displayed.
- To import contacts from a computer, click Browse and select the folder where your contacts are stored (or enter their file path). Then click Open.
- To import contacts from another phone, first make sure that both phones are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi or cellular). Then open the other phone's People app and tap Import Contacts . The imported contacts will be added to your Windows Phone as long as they're compatible with Microsoft's social networking services (such as Facebook or LinkedIn).
How can I transfer contacts from my Windows Phone?
There are a few ways to import contacts from your Windows Phone.
- Via the internet: You can easily export your contacts to a .CSV or .TXT file and then import them into another phone or computer.
- Via a third-party app: There are many apps available that will allow you to import your contacts from your Windows Phone.
- Via Microsoft Outlook: If you use Microsoft Outlook, you can easily export your contacts as vCard files and then import them into another email program or phone.
How to export contacts from a Windows Phone?
- Open the "Contacts" app on your Windows Phone and tap on the three lines in the top left corner.
- On the "Contacts" screen, select "People."
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, you'll see a button that says "Import from SD Card." Tap on this button to open the import dialog box.
- If you have contacts stored in an SD card, insert it into your Windows Phone and choose "Import from SD Card." Otherwise, tap on "Browse for Contacts."
- Select all of your contacts by pressing and holding down on one of them and then choosing "Copy."
- Tap on the ellipsis (...) next to "People" in order to expand it so that you can see all of your imported contacts. You can now delete any unwanted imported contacts by tapping on them and selecting "Delete."
- To export your contacts, select one or more of your imported contacts and then choose "Export." The exported contact list will appear in a new window which you can save to a file or share with others using Bluetooth or emailing options available in Windows Phone 8+.
Moving Contacts From a Windows Phone To An iPhone, Android, Or Other Smartphone?
Windows Phone users often find themselves needing to move their contacts to another phone. Whether you're upgrading to a new device or just want to take your data with you when you switch, this guide will show you how to import your contacts from a Windows Phone.
If you're using an iPhone, Android, or other smartphone, follow the same steps but substituting "smartphone" for "iPhone," "Android," and so on.
- Open the Contacts app on your Windows Phone and select the people, groups, or addresses that you want to import. You can also use the search bar at the top of the screen if you need to find a specific contact quickly.
- Tap Import from Files in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will open up a file selection window where you can choose which files contain your contacts information.
- If there are multiple files containing your contacts information, Windows Phone will ask which one should be used as the source for importing your contacts into the app. Select whichever file contains all of your contact information (or choose All Files if there are multiple).
Exporting your contacts from a Windows phone?
If you want to export your contacts from a Windows phone, there are a few different ways that you can do this.
One way is to use the Windows Phone Contacts app. You can open this app by going to the Start screen and typing "contacts" into the search bar. Once it has opened, tap on the "+" button at the bottom of the screen and select "export." On the next screen, you will be able to choose which type of export you would like to do: contact list or individual contacts.
If you would rather not use the Windows Phone Contacts app, another way to export your contacts is by using Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016. To do this, open Outlook and go to File > Export > Contact List. On the next screen, select which type of file you would like to create: .CSV or .HTML. After selecting your file format, enter a name for your file and click Save.
Finally, if you only want to export your contact list but don't want any of their information included in your exported file (for example if you are exporting it for use with another application), then you can use an online contact exporter such as www.exportedcontactlistxlm.com or www.exportmycontactsnow.com/. These websites will allow you to upload your contact list into their system and they will then generate a CSV or HTML file containing just your contact list without any other data attached (such as email addresses).
How to Import Your Outlook Contacts into Your Windows Phone Address Book?
- Open the "People" app on your Windows Phone and tap on the three lines in the top left corner.
- In the list that appears, select "Import from Outlook."
- If you have an email address book attached to your Microsoft account, it will be automatically imported into the People app. Otherwise, you'll need to provide your Windows Phone contact's email address or phone number.
- Once your contacts are imported, they will appear in a list on the main screen of the People app. You can also access them by tapping on one of the people's names in any message thread or group chat that you're part of on your Windows Phone.
- If you want to remove a contact from your Windows Phone address book, just swipe left across their name and tap "Delete.
Copying contacts from SIM card to your phone - Lumia 640 XL - Microsoft - Global?
First, make sure that your phone is connected to the internet and has an active data connection.
Next, open the Settings app on your phone and select Phone > Contacts & Data.
If you have a SIM card installed in your phone, tap on it to select it. If you have imported your contacts from another source, such as a computer or another phone, tap on the “New” button at the bottom of the screen and enter all of your contact information.
Once you have entered all of your information, press the “Import” button at the top of the screen. Windows Phone will start scanning through all of your contacts looking for any that are compatible with your device.
The process can take some time depending on how many contacts are in your collection so be patient! Once it is finished, you will see a list of imported contacts in the Contacts & Data section of Settings app on your Lumia 640 XL.
If you don’t have a SIM card installed in your Lumia 640 XL or if you want to import all of your contacts at once instead of one by one, tap on “Export” at the top of the Contacts & Data section and choose either SMS/MMS or MMS/Email as export format. You can then send these exported files to yourself or share them with other people who also use Windows Phone
- 1 and 10 allow you to import your contacts from a SIM card or phone into your device. This guide will show you how to do this on a Lumia 640 XL running Windows
- 1 or 10 devices.
Can't copy contact details from SIM to Nokia Lumia 820?
If you can't copy contact details from your SIM card to your Nokia Lumia 820, there are a few things that you can try.
- If the contacts are stored in Microsoft Outlook or another email program, you can import them into the phone by opening the contacts file on your computer and copying it over to the phone's contacts folder.
- You can also use a third-party app like Contacts Plus for Windows Phone to import the contacts.
- If you're using a SIM from another carrier, you may need to reformat the contacts before importing them into your phone.
- Finally, if all else fails, you can always manually enter the contact information into your Lumia 820's address book.
Transferring photos, videos, and music between your phone and PC - Lumia 520 - Microsoft - Global?
- 1 and 10 include a built-in feature that lets you transfer photos, videos, and music between your phone and PC. Here's how to do it:
- On your phone, open the Photos app and select the photos, videos, or music you want to transfer.
- On your computer, open Windows Explorer (or File Explorer on Windows and navigate to the folder where the photos, videos, or music files are located.
- Drag and drop the files from your computer into the appropriate folder on your phone.
- If you want to keep any of the files on your phone after they're transferred, tap or click "Save items as" in Windows Explorer (File Explorer on Windows , choose a filename for each file, and then tap or click OK.