- How to make the Recycle Bin icon disappear from your desktop?
- How can I remove the Recycle Bin from my desktop without affecting its function?
- How do I delete or disable the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of the Recycle Bin on Windows 10?
- Is there any way to completely remove the Recycle Bin from Windows 10?
- Can I uninstall or delete the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
- How to disable/remove/delete recycle bin using registry editor Regedit?
- How do you turn off recycling bin permanently on windows 10 computer?
In Windows 10, the Recycle Bin is located in the bottom-left corner of the screen. To hide it, follow these steps:
How do you hide a folder in Windows 10? In Windows 10, folders are hidden by default so that they don't appear onscreen when you're working with files or folders inside them on your computer desktop or laptop screen.. To hide a folder:
Hide recycling bin windows 8
1 Open Charm Bar 2 Type "Recycling" 3 Drag down arrow next to "Recycling" 4 Hover over "Location" button 5 Select "Set as current location" 6 Hit Esc key 7 Close Charm Bar 8 Right mouse button + drag up arrow will show new context menu 9 Choose "New Folder" 10 Type name for new folder 11 Hit Enter 12 Your newly created folder is now hidden! 13 Double click on its icon on Desktop 14 To unhide it just doubleclick again! 15 If needed Right Mouse Button + drag up arrow will show contextual Menu 16 Choose option called "Show contents of this folder". 17 hit enter 18 Your newly created hiddenfolder is now visible! 19 Close Desktop 20 Enjoy! 21If needed Right Mouse Button + drag up arrow will show contextual Menu 22Choose option called "Make permanent".
- Open the Start menu and click Settings. Click System and Security. Under Personalization, click Display and select Hide recycle bin when empty from the drop-down list. Click OK to save your changes and close the Settings window. To view your changes, open the Start menu again and click All apps > System > Recycle Bin (or type recyclebin in the search bar). If you want to unhide the Recycle Bin, repeat steps 3-5 but choose Show recycle bin when empty from the drop-down list instead of Hide recycle bin when empty .
- On your computer desktop or laptop screen, open File Explorer (Windows 7/8/, go to where you want to hide the folder, right-click on it, and then select Properties from the pop-up menu that appears..
- In Properties dialog box for this hidden folder (if it has one), under General tab, uncheck Check for updates at startup.. Click OK to save your changes and close File Explorer.. Note: You can also hide folders by using Group Policy Editor .. For more information about hiding folders using Group Policy Editor , see How do I manage group policy settings? answer here
How to make the Recycle Bin icon disappear from your desktop?
To hide the recycle bin icon from your desktop in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and click on Settings.
- Under System and Security, click on Personalization.
- In the Personalization window, under Desktop icons, select Recycle Bin (if it is not already selected).
- Click on the arrow next to Hide icon from taskbar and drag it to the bottom of the list (below All apps).
- Click on OK to save your changes and close the Personalization window.
How can I remove the Recycle Bin from my desktop without affecting its function?
There are a few ways to hide the recycle bin on your desktop in Windows
To hide the recycle bin using a taskbar icon:
To hide the recycle bin using a hidden folder:
To hide the recycle bin using Group Policy:
- You can use a taskbar icon, a hidden folder, or a Group Policy setting.
- Right-click the taskbar and select Customize > Taskbars.
- Select the Recycle Bin tab and drag it to the bottom of the list of icons.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- To unhide the recycle bin, right-click on its icon and select Show Hidden Items from the menu that appears.
- Open File Explorer (Windows 8 or later) and navigate to C:Users%username%AppDataRoaming.localMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet Files. If you don't have this directory, create it by clicking File > New > Folder .
- Drag and drop all of the files in this directory into File Explorer's temporary internet files folder (if it doesn't exist yet). Be sure to include any subdirectories that appear - they'll be included as well!
- Close File Explorer and restart your computer for these changes to take effect - if you just closed it without restarting first, those changes won't take effect until you do so now!
- Open Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) by typing gpmc at Start -> Administrative Tools -> GPMC . Navigate to Computer Configuration Administrative Templates System Recycling Double-click Hide Recycle Bin Icon under User Settings Under Action , choose When I sign out or close my session , then click OK In Options , set Prompt for user action before hiding item to Yes Under Confirm action , choose Hide item after user signs out Under Display name for this policy node, type Recycle Bin Click OK .and close GPMC when finished .
How do I delete or disable the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
In Windows 10, the Recycle Bin can be hidden by clicking on the small arrow in the top-left corner of the window and selecting "Hide Recycle Bin." You can also right-click on an empty space inside the File Explorer window and select "Hide Recycle Bin from Here."
It is also possible to disable the Recycle Bin completely. To do this, open Settings > System > Advanced system settings (or use keyboard shortcut Win+A) and under "Storage" click on "Recycling." In the dialog that opens, uncheck "Enable recycling bin."
If you want to permanently delete your recycle bin contents, you can use either of two methods:
- Right-click on an empty space inside File Explorer and select "Delete folder and all its contents." This will remove everything inside your recycle bin as well as any files or folders within any subdirectories that were created when you added items to your recycle bin.
- Open Disk Management (using keyboard shortcut Win+D), right-click on your hard drive where Windows 10 is installed, and select "Delete Volume." This will remove your entire computer's recycle bin directory along with all its contents.
What is the easiest way to get rid of the Recycle Bin on Windows 10?
There are a few different ways to hide the Recycle Bin on Windows 10. You can use the Settings app, or you can use the Control Panel.
To hide the Recycle Bin in the Settings app, open it and click on System. In the System section, under "Recycling," click on "Hide recycling bin."
To hide the Recycle Bin in the Control Panel, open it and click on Appearance and Personalization. In the Appearance and Personalization section, under "Windows accessories," click on "Recycle bin." Under "Hiding items," select "Yes" to hide it.
Is there any way to completely remove the Recycle Bin from Windows 10?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to hide the recycle bin windows 10 will vary depending on your individual setup and preferences. However, here are some tips that may help you get started:
a) Open Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management (or right-click My Computer and select Manage).
b) Under "Computer name" in the left pane of Computer Management, double-click "Recycle Bin" to open its Properties window.
c) In the "Location" field, enter a different path (such as C:RECYCLESREcycleBin), and then click OK to save your changes.
d) Finally, delete the recycle bin file (C:RECYCLESREcycleBinbinrecycledbinsvc.exe) from your computer's hard drive.
- First, try using a desktop wallpaper or screen saver that covers the entire desktop background. This will prevent the Recycle Bin from being visible onscreen altogether.
- If that doesn't work, you can try hiding it by default in Windows To do this, open Settings > System > Recycling and click "Hide recyclable materials by default."
- If all else fails, you can always remove the recycle bin completely from your computer by following these steps:
Can I uninstall or delete the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
In Windows 10, you can hide the recycle bin by going to Settings > System > Recycle Bin. You can also remove the recycle bin from your computer by using the Remove or Delete command in File Explorer.
How to disable/remove/delete recycle bin using registry editor Regedit?
To hide the recycle bin windows 10, follow these steps:
To disable/remove/delete recycle bin using command prompt follow these steps:
To hide recycle bins when user logs off follow these steps:
- Open Regedit by clicking on Start button, typing regedit in the search box and pressing Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password, type your Windows account password.
- In the Registry Editor window, locate and click on the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionApp ManagementComponents Under "Components" key, create a new DWORD (32-bit) value named RecycleBinEnabled with a value of 0 Close Registry Editor Restart your computer to apply the changes Now you can't see or access recycle bin icon in Start menu To disable/remove/delete recycle bin using registry editor Regedit, follow these steps: Open Regedit by clicking on Start button, typing regedit in the search box and pressing Enter Locate and click on following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionApp Management Under "Components" key, create a new DWORD (32-bit) value named RecycleBinEnabled with a value of 0 Close Registry Editor Restart your computer to apply the changes 6 7 Reboot into Safe Mode 8 Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties 9 Select Advanced tab 10 Click on Environment Variables 11 In New Variable name field type Recycle Bin 12 Type its location path (e g C:RECYCLER) 13 Double check that it is set to Current User only 14 Click OK 15 Reboot 16 Disable/remove/delete recycle bin using command prompt?
- Press Win+R keys together Type cmd Press Enter At Command Prompt window enter following commands one by one - cd %USERPROFILE% Documents Roaming Microsoft Windows System32 At System32 folder enter following commands - rundll32 recyclerviewer .dll , clear recycling Reboot PC 7 ) Enable/reactivate recycle bin again How to hide recycle bins when user logs off?
- Log off as usual When prompted to save your work, choose Do Not Save Changes instead of Yes Close Registry Editor . Exit Command Prompt . Restart your computer .
How do you turn off recycling bin permanently on windows 10 computer?
- To hide recycling bin permanently on windows 10 computer, open Settings app and go to System > Recycling. There you can toggle off "Show recycling bin" option.
- If you want to show recycling bin temporarily, just click on it from the main window of Settings app and select "Hide for now". This way, recycling bin will be hidden until you manually unhide it again or restart your computer.
- If you want to disable automatic hiding of recycling bin altogether, open Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and navigate to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionSystemRestore "AutoHide recycle Bin" = dword:00000001
- Change value of this DWORD to 0 in order to enable automatic hiding of recycling bin on every startup of your computer.